When I was doing research for All You Knead Is Bread, I was lucky enough to go to Mexico where the food is amazing. Seriously, whatever you think about Mexican food, if you have never been there, you just have to stop thinking and start saving for a plane ticket. The food is amazing. Certain dishes and flavours dominate and you may be surprised to learn that, among these dominant dishes and flavours is hearty soup! So, without further ado, a recipe for chicken soup inspired by the cooking of Mexico.
WOW! That could not be easier! Eat with some Colombian Cheese Bread (recipe in All You Knead Is Bread) for maximum yumminess.
Chicken Soup with Colombian Cheese Bread
- Ripe Avacado Cut into strips 1/2 per person
- Room Temperature Roasted chicken, shredded 50 g per person
- Good quality Tortilla chips About 4 per person
- Coriander (Cilantro)
- Crumbled Dried chilli To taste
- Sour cream
- Crumbled rather bland, White cheese a mild feta works
- Squeese of Lime juice To taste
- Heat the chicken stock up to REALLY HOT and heat the bowls up too.
- Put the soup innards into the bowls.
- Ladle the hot stock over the innards.
- Garnish and eat!