This is without a doubt the easiest bread recipe I have ever come across. No kneading. No fear of dead yeast. If you can hold a spoon you can do this!
No knead bread rolls
Simple recipe for how to make bread rolls in a no knead method
- 600 ml water – straight from the tap
- 3 g instant yeast or 6 g dry yeast or 12 g fresh yeast
- 12 g salt
- 650 g flour white (wheat or spelt will be fluffier, brown (wheat or spelt) will be less fluffy, rye (light or dark) will be the least fluffy – a combination is nice)
- 1 handful pre soaked seeds or dry fruit or a combination
- 1 tbsp pesto, nutella, peanut butter, sugar
- 1 handful chocolate chips
- 1 tsp dry or fresh herbs
- Mix all of this together in a big bowl into a gloopy glup the texture of thick wall paper paste. Give it a good stir, cover it with clingfilm and put it in the fridge overnight.
To shape buns
- In the morning, take out the dough and set the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with non stick baking parchment
- With a large spoon, spoon out some of the now-bubbly dough and use a second spoon to scrape it off the first spoon and blob it on the baking tray. Stack it up as high as you can rather than letting it flop out into a pancake. Fill the tray, leaving at least 5 cm (2 inches) between blobs. Make as many blobs as you want. If you don’t use all the dough, don’t worry about it. You can put it back in the fridge and use it the next day. It will be fine in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- When the oven is up to temperature, bake these blobs for 20 minutes – until they are a nice rich brown colour and sound hollow when you tap one of them on the bottom. If they are too flat for your liking, add more flour the next time you make them.
To make loaves
- Grease a shallow, oven proof baking container. A round le creuset, a small frying pan…just not a bread tin.
- Scrape the dough out on a lightly floured table. Hold a scraper in your working hand and slide it under the dough. Use the other hand to gently trap the dough on the scraper, and stretch the dough out as far as you can without breaking it and fold it all the way back on the blob of dough.
- Work your way around the blob stretching and folding until you have gone once round. Slide the scraper underneath and pick up the dough. Invert it and put it in the greased baking dish. Make sure the dish is only about 1/2 full.
- Eat. Yum.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!