Warm lentil salad
This is a terrific and elegant salad that you can serve as a side or as the main event. I suggest you serve it with a salad that has a lemony dressing to comlplement the rich lentils.
Plant Count – 9
For the lentils
- 200 g Puy lentils you could substitute black lentils but avoid brown or orange lentils simply because they go mushy when they are cooked
- 1 Onion chopped finely
- 3 slices Bacon chopped (optional)
- 1 clove Garlic squashed
- 1 pinch Dry thyme
- 2 Carrots finely diced
- 2 sprigs Fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt
For the dressing
- 50 g Olive oil
- 2 tsp White wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard grainy or smooth as you like
- 6 sprigs Fresh parsley Finely chopped
- Place all the ingredients for the lentils EXCEPT the carrots in a big saucepan or pressure cooker. Bring to the boil and then simmer in a saucepan for 20 minutes or in a pressure cooker for 10.
- Add the carrots and then simmer for 10 more minutes (saucepan) or 5 more minutes (pressure cooker).
- Remove from the heat. Take out the parsley and throw it away.
- Take out 2 tablespoons of the liquid, and put it into a big bowl. Add the dressing ingredients to the bowl and whisk well until you have a nice dressing.
- Drain the lentils and add them immediately to the big bowl with the dressing.
- Give everything a good stir and serve straight away. It's also great at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!