Home made, herby croutons
This simple recipes makes wonderful home made croutons in moments. It's a great way to use up going-stale bread, and add plants to your diet.
- 1 loaf Good quality bread
- 2 tbsp Dry, mixed herbs
- 1 pinch Salt, to taste
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- Slice the bread into slices about 1 cm thick (if it's not already in slices) and cut the crusts off. Lay it on the counter for a few hours to dry out a bit more. Slice it into small cubes and pop it in a big bowl.
- Add the herbs and the salt and the dribble over the olive oil. Mix well with your hands.
- Heat a big frying pan or wok on medium heat. Add the bread and stir it around until it gets all toasty and crispy.
- Tip it out onto a tray that you have lined with paper towel. The croutons cool completely. Store them in an air tight container where they will last for a few weeks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!