This is a terrific soup that you can serve hot or cold.
- 4 Spring onions, green ends only, roughly chopped
- 8 Small tomatoes Bigger than cherry tomatoes, but not huge
- 1 Cucumber, peeled
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled
- 1 Small bunch coriander
- 1 Small bunch parsley
- 1 tsp Dry oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 handful Pumpkin seeds, shelled Dry roasted in a dry frying pan
- 1-2 Jalapeno chiles, seeded
- Place everything in the blender except the jalapenos and salt.
- Blend everything well and then add 1 jalapeno and a bit of salt. Blend and taste. Wait a moment for the heat of the jalapeno to come through. If you like it, add a little bit of water to thin it (it’s hard to advise on water because a lot depends on whether your tomatoes are juicy) and add more jalapeno and more salt to taste if you like. Blend again.
- Pop the soup in and air tight container in the fridge and chill well for at least 12 hours to serve. Or pour it into a sauce pan and heat it up to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!