Grebiche is a classic condiment from France. It is both sour and rich at the same time and provides a marvelous foil to meat, fish, or vegetables
- 70 g Olive oil
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Grainy, french mustard
- 3 Eggs Hard boiled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Capers Finely chopped
- 40 g Cornichons (little dill pickled cucumbers) Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh, French tarragon leaves Finely chopped. French is better than Russian because it has more flavour. If you cannot find French tarragon, sub in parsley or chives.
- Using a whisk, beat together the olive oil, vinegar, and mustard until they form a thick sauce. Gently fold in all the other ingredients (so you don’t smush the eggs too much).
- Serve as a garnish for cold meats, fish, or raw or cooked vegetables. It's also really good on bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!